Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Jul 21, 2008

Catching Up...

Playing blog catch-up today. I've got a bunch of pictures that want to be shared. So, in no particular order of importance or chronology:

My granddaughter Raven came to stay for four days while she had chicken pox. She was over the worst of it by that time and so we had a pretty good time of it. She became very interested in needlefelting, and wanted to learn how to do what I was doing.

Wow. In true Raven fashion, she picked up on the technique and ran with it, creating a tableful of goodies she planned to give to friends. She did NOT want me to take her picture (not because of the pox, but because she didn't have any make-up on....sigh)

So I just waited until she re-appeared and then clicked (wicked grandma....):
Here's a close-up of her creations (I may be a wicked grandma, but I'm a grandma with plastic frogs for lilypad creations...)
It was wonderful to see her enthusiasm and her artistic sensibilities at play....note the extra wisps of color she added to her flowers:
She also started to make a star which turned into a neat, firm little flower. Then she was showing me how to make it!
--------------------------------------------

Pastors for Peace stopped by a few weeks ago. This is a group which comes in small caravans from all points in the country and meets up in a Texas/Mexico border town. In this annual action, called Friendshipment Caravan to Cuba, they cross the border to take humanitarian aid to Cubans, in protest and defiance of the inhumane embargo.


-----------------------------------------


My iBook started losing the letters on the keys almost from the moment I got it in summer of 2005. I tried writing the letters with Sharpies twice (don't know why I thought it would work the second time...) then sort of got used to it. A, S and E were the first to go, but then others began to disappear. Then, when I was organizing (I've been doing a LOT of organizing lately) a few weeks ago, I found some press-on vinyl letters and decided to see if they would work.

Now, I thought it would be fun and whimsical to mix them up a bit, lower case and upper, and also not put them on straight.

But a couple of people (Paul, Shaun....I'm talking about you!) seem to be a tad disturbed by the letters cavorting on the keys like this.


oh, poo - I've got plenty more pictures, but my blogging time has run out.

Namaste and love,
Zann

1 Comments:

At 7/21/08, 4:59 PM, Blogger Meg_L said...

I LOVE the keyboard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home