Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

May 24, 2008

still here

I'm still here,
just not in a blogging
mode, I'm afraid.

I don't think I'm
quite so frazzled
as this gal,
but I've been
there!

I've been working
on:
a daily walking routine
better eating choices
Tai Chi
my mother's poetry book
organizing my workroom





That last item has done wonders for my creative journey - at last I have nearly all my supplies in one area, organized, accessible - easy to find, and a place to put things away. Most of my workroom is devoted to storage, so the actual space I have for working on a project is limited
right now, primarily to a small wooden folding table (14" X 18".)

For now, I am liking the little table. My current motto is "Work small. And put things away."
Frazzled Woman above is one small project - she's made of 5 small stamps I carved and colored with Lyra colored pencils after stamping. I've also played around a bit with some vintage buttons and wirework:


















I made these into shank buttons,which hopefully will one day find their way to adorning another project.

There are more things I have finished that I'd like to write about, but I'll save 'em for another blog post. I'll just end with a picture of my next-to-last scrumble for the Scrumble Exchange I've been participating in for over a year:
Namaste,
Zann

1 Comments:

At 5/29/08, 12:05 PM, Blogger Barbara H. said...

Wow, Zann....sounds so similar to things I've been doing. I just completed a massive Spring decluttering & cleaning, and this weekend I'll finish reorganizing my creative space. I'm also making exercise part of my life again. Love your latest creations, and you know....it's fun to work small and without anything specific in mind. I'm looking forward to doing the same very soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home