Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Sep 1, 2009

Knitting the "B"

Here's my first experience with intarsia knitting.
I'm knitting a "B" as part of the UK Poetry Society's Knit a Poem project.

It's slow going, but not as awful as I've heard from The People Who Loathe Intarsia.
Of course, I'm not doing a whole garment with 15 different colors of intarsia dots. And I don't think I ever will. But I won't say never...

The big help for me was Martha at RiverWools saying to not bother with bobbins for each color (and sometimes I'm working with 4 yarns even though it's just 2 colors), just cut a decent length of yarn and let it hang. It's much easier to sort them out from the tangle once in awhile.

I'm close to being finished and then will ship my "B" off to the UK and await the revelation of the poem.

I love participating in these group projects - especially when they involve knitters and crocheters from all over the world, like a global village bee.

Namaste,
Zann

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home