Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Aug 3, 2009

Nantucket Bag, Dream in Color hats

I thought I was being really awful to buy yet another bag to hold knitting. And I'm sure that the wonderful purple (which doesn't show true here, so you'll just have to imagine it a smidge lighter) had a lot to do with my impulsive decision.

However, I love the Nantucket Bag - the depth, all the pockets, the permutations of its ingenious zippered sides (you can even hang it flat on the wall!), and best of all, how it stands upright. It's going with me most everywhere these days. I can even fit my 12-in triloom in there.


Hats! Granddaughter Raven spotted one of these at RiverWools and wanted to make one. It's a free pattern from Dream In Color yarn.

I did the Twisted Rib brim for her, then set her to knitting on double points for the first time. Then I made one with my favorite DIC color combination, Flamingo Pie and Wisterious, then started another in different colorways - one is a purple I got when Martha first had DIC yarn - there were no names, just numbers. The other might be Deep Seaflower.

I love this yarn a lot - it's soft and bouncy and a tactile pleasure to knit. Also when it's new, it has a wonderful smell from whatever they do a final processing with. Comes in worsted, sock and lace weight in delightful colors.

I'll post Raven's hat when she's finished.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home