Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Apr 30, 2009

(NaPoWriMo) No. 30 is it true that people

is it true that people

sometimes hand down the ashes
of their dead

on purpose,

or do they just happen to leave them
behind

for others’ decisions

because they could never bear
to let them go
in their own lifetime,

because they couldn’t imagine
the right time or perfect place

that could hold
such beloved ashes forever

for them?

--Zann Carter (04.30.09)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4/30/09, 3:18 PM, Blogger Reticula said...

I can't even bury my dog's ashes. It's ridiculous.

Congratulations, poet sister.

 
At 5/14/09, 2:03 PM, Blogger Geo said...

This one really speaks to me. Zann, I can tell I'm going to have to spend more time at your blog!

~from a Bird by Bird sister

 

Post a Comment

<< Home