Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Sep 19, 2009

Goddesses

Kali

Today is the beginning of Navratri - nine nights of meditation on the Divine Feminine in three aspects as embodied in Kali, Lakshmi and Sarasvati. On the Spirituality and Practice site, Ami Bhalodkar has a page about this Hindu holiday that is a nice guide to observing it.
Om Bhavani.



Lakshmi


Sarasvati


I like it that I'm working on my copper wirework Goddess pendants during this time:



And speaking of Goddesses:
...this is one of my personal favorite goddesses, Yarn Goddess Martha of RiverWools, my LYS.
Here is she unpacking bee-you-ti-ful hanks of Mountain Colors Weaver's Wool, Mountain Goat and their silk/merino lace yarn.
It all smells good, too.
And she's in front of my beloved Noro section! (It's okay, Dream in Color, you know I adore you, too.)

Om Bhavani,
Zann

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home