Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Oct 22, 2009

Roundup

Things I've been up to for the last few months:

1. Fitness Project - this has been my number 1 priority. Have lost 34 pounds so far and am very close to my goal, at which point I will assess how I feel, move (yes, and look!) and decide if I need to lose another 5-10 pounds. I've been posting a weekly note about this on my decluttering blog if you'd like details.

2. Maple Center work - This is where I have established a memorial fund for my son Patrick - a fund dedicated to projects promoting the expressive arts for healing. Our main workshop is the upcoming (Nov. 14) Creating a Path Through Loss / The Arts as Healing Tools.

This will be the 3rd one.
I'm also serving on the Board of the Maple Center, various committees, and working on the new website.

3. My work - At the end of September, I had a booth at the Street Fair / Crossroads Arts Fest.
It was divided between fundraising for the Maple Center art workshops & my own work. I had a wonderful time, despite the first two days of rain.

I met lots of nice people, got feedback on my work, sold a lot of my things, raised some $$ for Patrick's fund and got the award for best booth display!

Also at the Fair, I got together with some of the poets who read at the monthly reading I co-host with Sarah Long.
We roamed through the Fair reading poems.
Granddaughter Raven & I went up to Wabash and read for people at her mom's salon, on a bus bench and at RiverWools. Street Poets!

4. My work - Great daylong event out at Sycamore Farm - Celebrate Fiber! I led an afternoon workshop on triangle loom weaving and Martha sold a couple more of my pieces.

I bought some beautiful hand-dyed fiber (llama & silk) and came home and started spinning for the first time in a long time:



5. Last week, was the first anniversary of our reading - Third Thursday Poetry at the Grounds. Pete Wilson, owner of Coffee Grounds, very generously provided a fabulous cake for us, with our flyer on it.


It was a special evening, with our usual line-up of diverse readings, a lot of door prizes. I made buttons that said POET for our readers.
My son Shaun designed 3rd Thursday buttons and we handed them out to everyone. He also designed a new flyer for us.



Busy, busy days, huh?
I'm working on some new hats & scarves, as well as embarking on Kiki's September Needle Harvest project.
Better late than never. It actually became an ongoing project and there's a Ravelry group.
More another day.

Namaste,
Zann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home