Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Nov 27, 2008

Ginger Applesauce

We've been invited for Thanksgiving dinner by Martha-owner of my LYS, RiverWools. I will be bringing Ginger Applesauce:


Here's the recipe I use - wish I could remember where I got it, so I can give proper credit.
Love the scribbles...they are probably Patrick's, but could be Molly's.

I deviate from the recipe in that I use at least 3-4 different kinds of apples, and sometimes I add ground cloves. Raisins or apricots. And I like to have the apples be chunky and not mooshy. And today I have no lemon zest. This is great to use like chutney - a condiment dish. I love it with a savory lentil soup. I haven't cooked or had a pork chop since I lived in Miami (that would be pre-1991....), but I remember ginger apples being really great with pork chops....

Happiness and grateful thoughts to all!

Namaste,
Zann

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11/27/08, 2:25 PM, Blogger Linda Sue said...

YUM! I especially appreciate the "art" on the side! Happy Day to you!
with gobs of love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home