Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Nov 2, 2007

Me and Sophia

A long time in coming, this picture of a smiling Sophia with Zannma.....

For some reason, for the longest time, granddaughter Miss Sophia (Miss Raven Zoe's sister) tended to burst into tears at the sight of me. I did manage to get a smile back in January with an EZ Baby Surprise Jacket, but that was rather too labor-intensive to be practical for ongoing attempts to win her over.

I began to ply her with little boxes of raisins and handfuls of dried raspberries and innumerable readings of King Bidgood's in the Bathtub and the wonderful wordless The Grey Lady and Strawberry Snatcher. And now these days I have the sublime, honey-in-the-heart experience of her running toward me with arms outstretched and a big happy smile.

We read books and sweep and play "office work" with stamps and index cards and hole punches. And one day I shall teach her to weave and knit and crochet....

3 Comments:

At 11/3/07, 9:03 AM, Blogger Meg_L said...

She's adorable!

 
At 11/3/07, 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I think my youngest would have been the same, she warms up slow but is very loyal.

 
At 11/7/07, 8:34 PM, Blogger Tangled Stitch said...

Your stitch markers are absolutely beautiful but not nearly as beautiful as your granddaughter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home