Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Aug 17, 2007

Some Work in Progress

Way too long since my last update and busy, busy days ahead. Here's a few pictures of things I've been working on:
Ingredients for a hanging/sculptural project I am envisioning.

Handspun being washed to set twist. Looked so grossly like a big bin of worms I just had to take the picture....

Short row wedge shawl - Kureyon, felted/fulled. Am still working out this pattern for another project.

Some Freeform Work

June Scrumble for the exchange I'm in. There's a pocket on this one (mostly handspun yarns) with a wee scrumble baby peeking out.
And here's a picture with the baby scrumble. (Sorry for the poor colors...)

July scrumble......

...and the hat I began working on after being inspired by that scrumble.

This scrumble exchange has been very useful for me. Working on a single palm-sized scrumble, with no bigger project looming in my mind frees me in so many ways. I explore color and texture, try new stitch combinations. Of course, that can be done on one's own and I certainly have enough in the Bits and Pieces Box to demonstrate. But because the scrumble IS the finished object and has purpose, there is also a sense of gratification and accomplishment.

Being inspired to do a project based on the colors and stitches is a bonus. That hat above is nearing completion, which is a very good thing, since this month's scrumble has also given me project ideas that I'm itching to start.

Namaste,
Zann

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 8/17/07, 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are posting again, I am very querious about the felted triangular shapes,and look forward to see the FO.The scrumble challenges? Which group are they a part of?

 
At 8/17/07, 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, the top photo of intriguing creations simply sends me! Can't wait to see what it all becomes- they are splendid on their own! The hat is going to awesome, too, Very beautiful work 'Zann!

 
At 8/22/07, 8:02 PM, Blogger Peacock said...

Very nice scrumbles!

 
At 8/23/07, 6:48 PM, Blogger www.dudleyspinner.com said...

I really like the blue bowl with the cat lid, Deb

 
At 9/1/07, 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Bek, Molly and Patty's friend. You know me. :)

I just wanted to say that you make some really, really incredible stuff. Not just functional items, but beautiful and creative ones too. I didn't even know that its possible to make some of the things that I see that you've made. At least from what I've seen around your house and on this blog.

I hope you're all doing well!

-bek

 
At 9/3/07, 1:08 AM, Blogger 'Zann said...

Hey, Bek - course I know you! I'm trying to figure out how to email you, but in case you come back here and see this, I appreciate your sweet words. Oddly enough the night before you left that comment I was feeling sad that I don't ever seem to run into or hear from Patty's (and Molly's) friends...so I was really happy to have you visit my blog and leave a message!
Love, hugs,
Zann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home