Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Aug 24, 2007

Clover

Right at this moment, our beloved Clover, my spirit mutt, is at the vet's having surgery for a tumor on her earflap. We won't know for a week or so whether it's a benign tumor or a mast cell tumor. I took this picture last night while she was lying next to me on the sofa.

She's such an amazing Dog Being -- I never really had a relationship with a dog before Clover, an abandoned pup of 10 months or so who followed me home from a walk in 1999. She's sweet and even-tempered, trusting and happy. I remember that it was her utter joyousness that captured my heart, as she scampered along with me that morning and acted like she had come home when we got to my house.

And during these dark times of tragedy for our family, from Paul's twin brother's death and our Patrick's struggles and death, Clover has been a comfort and dear companion. She's been very healthy these years, and I am praying that she will be with us, happy and healthy, for quite a few more.

All prayer, healing energy and thoughts for Clover are welcomed!

3 Comments:

At 8/24/07, 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lighting a candle for dear Clover tonight.

 
At 8/26/07, 10:35 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

We'll keep her in our prayers! And you recent work is lovely, sorry I haven't been around much lately...

 
At 9/10/07, 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i should bite my tongue, but i always forget about Clover, my one sister.... and then it's a nice surprise when this little furry energy comes to greet me when i visit. pet the top of her head for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home