Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Sep 20, 2007

What Once Was Lost...

...now is found!

Well, not lost exactly, more like forgotten.

I'm speaking of the Clapotis I started last spring. Don't even try to fathom how many projects one has to have before forgetting about a somewhat major endeavor involving a favorite colorway in Noro Silk Garden (#87) and nearly all of one's stitch markers.



It was the desire to start a new shawl and then the missing stitch markers that caused me to vaguely remember Clapotis and to begin looking around for it.

Imagine how delighted I was to discover (in a tote bag I haven't carried about in quite awhile) that the Clapotis was amazingly far along.



Going from the desire to start a shawl, getting out the yarn, pattern and proper needles and then finding the Clapotis 2/3rds done was a bit like discovering elves had come in the night and busied themselves with my knitting.

As for Clapotis, this is my second one, but the first full-sized. You can read about my first smaller one here, in a post in which I explain that I was finally moved to do this pattern when I discovered what 'clapotis' meant.

I am enjoying finishing this one up, just in time for the upcoming shift (hope,hope) to cooler weather. I must say, though, as I have used yarns with a high mohair content for both, the fun of dropping stitches on purpose is somewhat lessened. Each stitch has little hairy fingers which grip the ladder rung above for dear life, and must be tugged at one by one.
______________________________

Several people wrote me kind things after my last entry and I want to publicly say how grateful I am for that. I share my experiences with grief and loss, both because it's helpful for me and because I hope to say something that might be helpful to anyone else coping with such pain. I appreciate very much when someone lets me know I have.

The sunrise was beautiful today, I hope yours was/is as well!

2 Comments:

At 9/20/07, 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do. it cost 79 cents.

 
At 9/29/07, 1:56 PM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Zann I made a clapotis too and believe they are designed just so you have a project that uses every stitch marker you own! They are fun once the ladders begin.
Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home