Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Mar 24, 2010

Handwoven's Not Just For Socks Challenge--Winner!!

Oh my.
I don't know if I can express just how gloriously happy this has made me, but my capelet, which I called Motley, was chosen for first place in the "Most Innovative Use" category!

Since I was told that it was actually all right to publish photos of my entry before, I'm assuming that I still can, so here you go:

 Some details: Weaving done on 7" Hazel Rose tri & square looms, 2.5" tri & square looms, Noro Kureyon Sock yarn, Shibui & Claudia's Handpaint sock yarn.
I won a $200 spree at Halcyon Yarn and I'm thrilled about the prospect of my work being shown with the other winners in the May/June issue of Handwoven.  It will also be displayed in the Handwoven booth at Convergence 2010 in July.

Creating this was an amazing experience.  As I mentioned before, I learned a lot in the process - a lot about my process, about focusing and being able to realize a vision.  That's one of my main goals this year - to step out from being primarily a process artist and become a more productive artist.  To envision, create, complete...

Another goal is more integration of the fiber arts that I love - combinations & juxtapositions of weaving, knitting, crochet, felting, spinning...oh, and text! Storytelling & poetry....sometimes literally text in the work, sometimes a story or poem that emerges from it to stand alone.

April is National Poetry Month.  That means....NAPOWRIMO 2010!! Yup, I'm again going to take on the challenge of writing and posting a poem every single day in April.  It is still scary - even though I succeeded with it last year, I have no idea if I will be able to repeat that this year.  But I've got to give it a good try!

Other fun poetry things in the works for April, including a book coming out with two of my poems & a poem of Sophia's! Sweet. Very sweet to be published along with my granddaughter.

Have a lovely, poetic, art-filled day!
'Zann

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3/28/10, 1:50 PM, Blogger Diana Troldahl said...

That is GLORIOUS! What a wonderful and well-deserved win!!

 
At 3/29/10, 7:34 AM, Blogger Cyn said...

I love it, Zann! It is an inspiration piece. And, Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home