Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Feb 16, 2010

Another Knit Poem Project in the UK

I was thrilled to see this photo on the UK Poetry Society Facebook page for the Knit A Poem project in which I participated last year:
See, way up in the upper left is my navy blue on green "B."  It's used as the 'b' in the word 'bread' in the Dylan Thomas poem "In My Craft or Sullen Art." You can read the poem if you scroll down on this page.

There's another knitted poem project coming up fast - this one also in the UK for the Wenlock Poetry Festival at Much Wenlock in Shropshire, England.  I received my chart yesterday.  I'm going to be knitting an "N" this time.  In a radiant golden yellow and a glowing blue.  I've just cast on and done the first row.



Have just found out that they don't expect to have the completed poem for the festival, but do hope to have some of the letters for display.  So there is still time if you want to join in on the fun and need plenty of time to knit.  At this point, I believe you can get a letter assigned if you write to Judith at:
bootjudithm@hotmail.com

I love these cooperative projects!!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2/25/10, 9:25 AM, Blogger Diana Troldahl said...

I wrote and asked to knit something. I have been given 'B' :-}

 
At 2/26/10, 10:41 PM, Blogger 'Zann said...

Diana, I'm so excited you joined up, too! And I do have a special affection for "B." I'm nearly finished with my "N" and am hoping to do another letter.
'Z

 

Post a Comment

<< Home