Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Feb 10, 2010

Snow, Wind, Cold & New Candles

I'm feeling totally blessed that I can declare personal Snow Days and cancel things and stay home on days like these.  We've had snow on and off since Monday (maybe a total of 5-6 inches) and the temps are up and down from the teens to the twenties and the wind is steadily rattling the windows. It's gray and gloomy, too.
This is the view from my front door, looking at Heather's house -- there's a street under there somewhere!

However, inside I'm cozy and warm.  The tea kettle is on and my Verilux Happylight is on, hopefully, mitigating any depressing effects of the lack of sunlight.  What is probably making me feel the most relaxed and happy is that I spent yesterday knitting and working on my weaving contest entry for Not Just Socks.  And thinking about knitting and design and art.

Though it's not like this today, this picture is emblematic of this winter for me.  On sunny days, I open the blinds on our only south-facing window.  Even though it's very cold outside, the sun and the glass conspire to create a spot of brilliant light and warmth.  And, lucky Clover, it's right where Her Spot is located.

This year, for Candlemas and Brigid's Day, I decided to replenish my beeswax candle supply.  I ordered 4 candles for next year's Advent ring, some additional tapers, votives and tea lights. And a 22 oz. jar of raw honey that I couldn't resist trying.

My order arrived today and I don't think I've ever had such an amazingly fragrant stash of beeswax candles.  The website said it would take 1-2 weeks for the order to arrive as it will be hand crafted, and I can believe these were freshly made!

Since I haven't lit one yet or tasted the honey, I can't vouch for the burn or the taste, but I can wholeheartedly recommend the smell! These came from Candlebee Farm, and if thoughts have power, those folks are feeling the delight and joy I had upon opening this package!

I think I'll write them a note in case the thought-power isn't making it down to Kentucky.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2/10/10, 11:34 AM, Blogger Diana Troldahl said...

Thanks for the link!
I found some 100% bayberry wax candles this winter, and was SO happy.

 
At 2/10/10, 1:36 PM, Blogger 'Zann said...

I remember that, Diana - I love bayberry and almost ordered some as well. I'll have to go back and find your link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home