Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Jan 6, 2010

First poem of 2010

 A New Year's Message From My Left Hand Interpreted By My Right

BE
be:  changing woman
      shapeshifting soul wanderer
      wandering solo
      on a dancing ribbon of light.
KNOW
know: this road is as wide as it needs to be
                  and no more.
         that slow is the speed
                 of the most elegant master.
SEEK
seek:  the still point
         the Blue Moon of Balance
REST
rest:  a moment in it.
                                carry on.

FIRST: one foot
SECOND: the other

        ----Zann Carter 01.05.10


(Poet's notes: This is my first poem of 2010. I have been working on a healing journal inspired by a book which recommends, among many other interesting things, writing and drawing with the non-dominant hand.My left hand writing is terse, associative, surprising so far.  This poem's heart came from my left hand.  My right hand gave the heart a body.
The book is The Well-Being Journal by Lucia Capacchione. She has also written an entire book on using the non-dominant hand for creative & healing work.)

2 Comments:

At 1/6/10, 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this poem! It has such flow to it. Like footsteps themselves, I'm thinking. Forward movement and then a brief pause before the next step.

 
At 1/6/10, 7:48 AM, Blogger Cyn said...

How beautiful! You are such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home