Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Dec 25, 2009

Happy Christmas!



I woke up thinking of this classic John & Yoko song. So happy to find this one on YouTube.

Here is the Nativity scene that Sophia & built up over Advent, just the way my children and I used to.  The first week is stones & crystals, the second plants, the third animals, the fourth, people.
It meant a lot to me this year to have Sophia participate in Advent rituals with me.




And Raven came over on Solstice to help me create the small but meaningful celebration that night, which included putting up the little tree (which I didn't think I was going to do this year.)

Sweetness all around - only a bit was from the chocolate-cherry brownies.


This morning I finished a long-on-the-needles pair of socks. YAY!

That's Opal in my basic pattern for self-striping sock yarn. As usual, I've done cuff-tops, heels and toes in solid color. This time, orange heels and purple toes, cuffs.

Aestlight is coming along nicely, though I did have to run into RiverWools for moral support when I had to rip back not long after starting the Birdseye Lace part.  And I am still determined that this not be yet another UFO! 


Bright blessings of the season to all!!

1 Comments:

At 12/28/09, 2:16 PM, Blogger Linda Sue said...

WAY beautiful - much like you! Happy stuff and everything- LOVE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home