Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Mar 13, 2010

Handwoven's Not Just For Socks Challenge

Since my word for the year is "Focus" I am very proud that I managed to do that and complete my entry for this contest.  I went right up to the midnight deadline wire on February 28, getting my pictures in about two hours before.

And right now, I'm not only proud of that, I'm excited to the max because my piece was chosen as a finalist!!

Although I didn't see any proviso in the contest rules about publishing photos or descriptions of the work prior to the final decisions, I'm not going to do so except in the most vague manner.

So here is a detail of the piece and I shall say little else but that it's wearable.


Being a finalist meant I had to send this recently birthed work off to the Interweave offices in Colorado.
That was hard to do.  I overnighted it because I didn't want it to spend a minute more in transit than it had to.
Whatever happens (and winners will be notified on March 22) working on and completing this piece, focusing, making it be THE thing I worked on for weeks was an amazing process for me. 
I'm so glad I did it.
Wish me luck!!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 3/14/10, 8:48 AM, Blogger Cyn said...

Good luck! It is stunning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home