Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Mar 11, 2010

Finished the "N"

...for the Wenlock Poetry Festival. It's to be part of a poem written by the UK's Poet Laureate, Carol Ann Duffy. I believe it's to be the poem she dedicated to the Festival, Bees. Read it here.
 I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be part of this knitted poem. I love the poem. And I'd love to do another letter, one of the Z's.

The knitting for this seemed to be faster and easier than the "B" I did last year. Perhaps because I had the wee bit of experience that gave me with intarsia.  This time, however, I used these bobbins, and they made a big difference. There was minimal twisting/tangling, and when I needed more yarn, just a simple motion unwound what I needed.

Also, I wound up having to change the color of the "N" as the blue I had was much thicker yarn, despite being the same yarn, NatureSpun Sport.  I'm thinking that it was irregular, since I bought several cones at a much reduced price.  So I switched to a different color, thinking this combination looked awfully familiar....then it came to me. These are Harry Potter's House colors, the colors of Gryffindor.  Bit of fun.

Now to get this letter packaged up and sent off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home