Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Jun 16, 2019

Work in progress...

Well, two works of many WIPS. These are not languishing, though. They are actively in progress.  As I'm going to the Crochet Guild of America (CGOA) annual conference this year in July, I thought it would be nice to have some crochet to wear, as well as renew my crochet mojo.

I was thrilled to be able to start these pieces with yarn already in my stash, too.

Both are Jenny King patterns. I'm making a short version of her Coogee Bay dress in a beautiful blue unmercerized 8/2 cotton which I originally bought for weaving.  I was thrilled to discover that I can crochet a whole dress with a $24 cone of cotton (actually it was less, because WEBS gives a 25% discount when you reach $125 in your shopping cart - 20% on $60, and I bought many cones of yarn when I got the grant to buy my Saori loom.) 





The second piece is a pattern called Shawlsational and it's apparently a vest/shawl/scarf-in-one. I am still unsure about how it's going to end up, but it's in the homestretch, so I will know soon. This was done in a cotton Interlacements yarn, Irish Linen, alas no longer available. I ran out of the main yarn, which is purples and greens,  and am finishing up with greens.  I am very pleased at the contrast border.



Of course, these pictures don't show the garments well, just the lovely promise of them as they are in the process of becoming.








Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home