Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Jun 14, 2019

Only a year without blogging...

Still here.
Regrouping.

Not so long back from the Indiana University Writers Conference - the 4th I've attended. This year the intensive poetry workshop was with poet Aimee Nezhukumatatihl and I've come back with inspiration, new tools, and the memory of a great group of poets. The class was a perfect balance of workshopping manuscripts and time for generative, experiential work.  I am still processing all that I returned with.

I wound up only attending one of the afternoon classes - Jan-Henry Gray's The (Re)Purpose of Poetry, which went into all sorts of areas that I was beginning to explore through work in erasure. I loved that this class invoked the Gee's Bend quiltmakers. The connections between fiber art and poetry are ones I love to find.

On erasure - last fall I was accepted into Driftwood Press Erasure Seminar - a 5-week online workshop with Jerrod Schwarz. It was wonderful to focus and devote my time to this specific form of creative work.

As for fiber...I'm also regrouping there. I did finish a massive project earlier this year - Stephen West's Marled Magic Sweater - and in time to wear it before the weather got warmer.  It is so cosy, soft - like walking around in the most welcome hug.  And the marled technique West teaches (working with 2 fine yarns and switching them up in various ways)  is perfect for the kind of stash I keep - lots and lots of different yarns in myriad colors, but not enough of any one yarn to make a whole garment.

Here's my Ravelry Project page on this sweater. 
And here's me enjoying the hug of it.





3 Comments:

At 6/14/19, 11:04 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Good to see you posting.

 
At 6/14/19, 11:14 AM, Blogger julie said...

Good to have you back blogging.
Julie

 
At 6/14/19, 11:49 AM, Blogger 'Zann said...

Thank you Kris & Julie! I feel excited about reviving Lizards in the Leaves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home