Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

May 8, 2018

Small Weaving Charm For Dealing With Much Going On









I started this at a knitting retreat.
As usual I had no outcome in mind. My work just becomes, it seems. I had no idea that I would be turning it so that it was a horizontal piece. I liked way the warp threads  fanned out along the sides, wished they could be fixed like that. The warp (Habu cotton gima) is stitched down where the sari ribbon is woven through. And I backed it with a scrap of kantha cloth. 

The whole thing made me think of being frazzled with too much to do. And as I refined it from the just-off-the-loom state of the last picture, tamed it a bit,  it seemed perhaps the piece could be a charm against being overwhelmed by too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home