Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Jun 23, 2017

Visible mending



A favorite pair of cotton pants with a mesh bit at the bottom that keeps tearing.


 At first, I repaired with black thread, stitching and weaving,


but in the wash, the laundry bag I put them in opened, and my repairs did not survive the agitation.
So I decided upon this:


That lovely purple patch is a soft, worn bit of fabric from a favorite pants from years ago.  It seems like a blank canvas asking for some embroidery. I might oblige. The other bits are from repurposed thrift shop finds and kantha cloth scraps bought on etsy. 

I suspect I will wind up repairing and repairing, until there is no mesh left. Just the patchwork mending.
I'm okay with that.

2 Comments:

At 6/4/19, 9:29 AM, Blogger Liz A said...

I found my way here from Jude's Patchwork in Perspective ... though you haven't posted here in a while, I'm hoping that might change ... and that you are still visibly mending, in cloth and in spirit

 
At 6/4/19, 11:12 AM, Blogger 'Zann said...

Hi Liz! I hope I can get back to my blog, too. Facebook really shifted things for me. Thank you so much for visiting here and for the encouragement!
Z

 

Post a Comment

<< Home