Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Nov 17, 2007

Jerry

Jerry was one of Patrick's closest friends. Today should have been a celebration of his 26th birthday, but one month ago tomorrow, he killed himself. Ironically, 19 months to the day after Patrick's death. I have no idea why there is so much tragedy among the young people we know and love....I'm always feeling like there is something...something... we should have known to do.

My son Shaun and I created this birthday memorial for Jerry using a picture taken by my daughter....so this was a creation of love for Jerry from Patty's family. It ran in the newspaper today.

I hope it honors him in the way I wanted to honor him.
And I hope it comforts his friends in the way they need comfort.

I know it brings me a little measure of peace to have worked on this with Shaun and Molly, out of love and respect for Jerry and who he was for Patrick.

Bless your soul, Jerry, even if you believed you didn't have one....I think you were wrong about a few things....peace, peace, peace -

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11/18/07, 11:37 AM, Blogger Tangled Stitch said...

I am very sorry for the loss of someone who was so dear to you. Prayers and condolences.

 
At 11/20/07, 4:06 PM, Blogger Barbara H. said...

Dear Zann, I am so saddened by this news. I'm at a loss for words. Hugs and condolences to you and all affected by Jerry's passing.

 
At 12/3/07, 8:03 AM, Blogger gilfling said...

Zann - I think this is a wonderful memorial to a life ended too soon. Sending hugs over the ocean to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home