Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

May 23, 2006

Blue....sky, Roses-in-the-Green

The sky was just so gloriously, infinitely Blue today I just had to take pictures...

This is looking east toward the morning sun coming up over the roof.

And the picture below is the sky to the west, looking across the street from my front porch.

I also took a picture of my back screened porch, sun streaming in, the wild rose bush. This has always been a calm, peaceful space for me, and it is moreso these days.

I finished the roses scarf and I love it so much I took lots of pictures.




One of the reasons I love this scarf is that it is a manifestation of an idea I have about creating things inspired by illustrations and stories in my favorite children's books. I would say this comes close to a Jack in the Green vision.

Jack in the Green is an out-of-print picture book that gorgeously illustrates a simple story "...of fantasy and ancient magic that involves the courage of a simple gardener, Jack in the Green, and a quest to restore the cycle of the Seasons to earth..."
Here's Jack:
and the Spirit of the Garden:

and my Roses in the Green Scarf.
Now I am thinking of such a shawl.....
love,
Zann

2 Comments:

At 5/24/06, 1:14 AM, Blogger Phoebe Fay said...

That is incredibly beautiful! And I think you've captured the spirit of Jack in the Green perfectly!

It is a great and powerful gift to be able to create as much beauty as you do.

 
At 5/25/06, 5:21 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Love your porch!

And the scarf really does look like roses peeking through all of the green of the foliage. Well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home