Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Apr 28, 2006

Illustration Friday - Under the Sea


Illustration Friday
04.28.06
Theme: Under the Sea

I made this digital collage earlier this year, using one of my longtime favorite quotes from the ee cummings poem "maggie and milly and molly and may." Usually I like to use Illo Friday as a challenge to create something quickly the morning I see the theme, but know I couldn't come up with anything for "under the sea" that I'd like better than this piece.

4 Comments:

At 4/29/06, 10:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i'm a newcomer to your blog(s). though i don't know you, i wanted to express my condolensces about your son's death.

 
At 4/30/06, 12:28 AM, Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

hi zann,

i read your comment on keri's site, and just wanted to reach out to you. i'm so sorry to hear of your boy. i lost my brother when he was 25. those first few months were shaded grey with grief, but flecks of colour pulled through. and life resumed its full colour ~ perhaps even more so with the light of clarity; the deeper knowing of darkness and the sweet fragility of life.

it's been ten years this august since clinton died. in some ways it is the last moment, in others it is a lifetime away. the deepest thing i have learnt is of the ephemeral connection of love. once my brother, always my brother. once your son, always your son.

wishing you blessings and gentleness ~
leonie

 
At 4/30/06, 6:34 PM, Blogger Peacock said...

Woah.. deep. amazing. powerful!

.. still here for you. :)

 
At 5/1/06, 2:29 PM, Blogger 'Zann said...

Frog, Leonie, Peacock - huge hugs from me to all of you. Kind words, consoling thoughts are deeply appreciated. They come like little lights on this very lonely shadow journey.Love,'Zann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home