Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Dec 2, 2006

Zelda & the Forest Floor Shawl

Just a quick post. I've been busy
making lots of things, working
on my small tri-loom and
preparing to do a workshop
(EEEEK) in using the small
tri's.

I want to introduce you to
Zelda, my new helper. I have
been longing for a dress form
because it has been very difficult
to work on the freeform designs
that are in my head for shawls and vests.
Molly braved the post-Thanksgiving crowds
and picked up this dress form for me at JoAnn's,
for $80. I don't think I'd be happy with
this if I were doing serious sewing/tailoring, but
for piecing together my freeform shapes, Zelda
is absolutely perfect.

Here is my work-in-progress, the Forest Floor Shawl:

It's made of small woven triangles in Noro Blossom, joined in a freeform fashion, with areas of
freeform crochet in the same Blossom. I'm also using some Noro Silk Mountain, for the edging and here and there in the body.

My guiding vision is of a shawl sort of magically whirled together out of all the leaves and twigs and seed pods and bits of bark on a forest floor.

I'm having so much fun with this-especially since Zelda has come to help!
Namaste,
Zann

5 Comments:

At 12/3/06, 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU must be thrilled, it is magnificent.

 
At 12/5/06, 11:13 AM, Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

love it:)
amber in scotland

 
At 12/5/06, 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw your post on the FF thread. Your shawl is wonderful! What size tri-loom are you using? Lisa w., fargo14@aol.com

 
At 12/5/06, 10:07 PM, Blogger 'Zann said...

Thanks for the compliments! I have been decluttering and paying bills for two days and hope to get back to work on the shawl tomorrow.
I now have several small tri-looms and really do plan to do a whole long entry on them.
The shawl is made of tri's worked on a 12" loom I got from an eBay seller. That's 12" across the long side.

Zann

 
At 12/9/06, 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zann, it is sooo gorgeous! Can't wait to see it finished.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home