Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Mar 22, 2014

Morning Tea Thoughts


 Morning tea. So visually lovely, I had to take pictures. As I looked at this picture, I realized that what makes this so very lovely to me is:

that substantial blue/white pottery vase was made by one of my oldest and dearest friends, Tandy, & it has accompanied my life and given me great pleasure for more than three decades

that thin china teacup was made in Ireland and my son Shaun was with me the day I bought it at that little Irish import shop in South Miami more than two decades ago

that iron teapot warmer was bought for me behind my back by my daughter-in-law Lisa when we went to Teavana on the Boston trip that Shaun orchestrated to get his agoraphobic mom back out in a world beyond Terre Haute, IN

the bliss-making tulips were a gift from April, and made me feel so special and remind me of the poetry reading and the sweet community of heart writers  Sarah and I are privileged to hold space for each month.

the tea, called Bohemia was lovingly hand-blended by tea whisperer  Lindsay Luna, one of the many creative and inspiring women I've come to circle with through online magickal & spirit stirring experiences.

the oil lamp was purchased from an Illinois potter at a Crossroads Arts Fest and illuminated countless Saturday night meals shared with my granddaughter Sophia. It was Our Thing for a long while.( Now we make linguine & Wacky Cake and watch Cake Boss. Everything changes, nothing perishes.)

the tea tray was a garage sale rescue, broken and restored to wholeness by me.

These are but Things I know. And as I am in the midst of a  space-clearing, Thing-discarding, Chi-freeing whirlwind energy....I realize one of my questions before letting go of a thing is 'how much JOY does this vibrate with?' Not nostalgia, not poignancy. JOY. All of these Things are keepers.


(Sometimes my Facebook posts want to be blog posts and often I stop writing over there and come here. This one I left there, but it really wanted to exist here as well...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home