Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Jul 18, 2006

Peace Doll

Decided to join in Noreen Crone-Findlay's Peace Doll project, which you can read about in her blog SacredDollsandBears. I love the spiritual perspective Noreen brings to the making of dolls and goddess images and have been wanting to create some of my own for some time.

My doll is emerging as a plump mother goddess figure, and taking on the dual task of carrying my thoughts for peace on the planet and carrying to me the healing I need on my grief journey.
She is being created of organic brown(ish) cotton from FoxFiber, filled with bits and pieces of yarn I save from all my knitting and crocheting.

In my old life, I was active in peace and justice issues, especially working to abolish the death penalty. I am still trying to do what I can. I did participate in the July 4th Solidarity fast with the Troops Home Fast and spent 5 hours at the courthouse holding my big peace banner. There is going to be another fast action here, scheduled for August 6th, the anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

I keep having a vision of working on something fiber-related as part of an action....we'll see.
Namaste,
'zann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home