Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Sep 15, 2005

Genie Bottles

Between working on things for the Arts Fest and getting my books from the shop into my storage unit, I haven't had a bit of time to sit and write. But now I'm relaxing with a cup of tea and it seemed like a good time to blog a bit.

I've been feeling that I've gotten too much into thinking about what might sell at the festival, rather than just freely creating, making things that please me immensely, that give me that satisfied feeling - shape and form and colors that come together in a way that resonates with my soul....THAT feeling.

So I was very happy when I started another little shawl pin and the wool (loosely spun from a Dudleyspinner roving ) seemed to have a desire to be something else entirely:











Quite odd looking, it demanded to be felted and became the first in a new series of felted vessels:
















Bottle for Lively Genie
5.25", Wool, hand-dyed, handspun, crocheted, wet-felted.


Two more soon followed:













Bottle for Meditating Genie














Bottle for Shy Genie


And yes, these pieces gave me THAT feeling. They are small, only about 5" and I am quite happy about being drawn back into creating felted vessels.

2 Comments:

At 9/15/05, 6:23 PM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

'Zann, I linked your site to the photos, thanks, they are what the wool wanted to become!
Deb~dudleyspinner

 
At 9/16/05, 12:48 AM, Blogger Luscious Gracious said...

look, you got spam!!
Anyway, Steve and I just wanted to say that the felted vessels are awesome, and what you "should" be doing. That art-for-profit quandry is a bad one....but it looks like you are following the muse, and that she now has a place to live.
Kiki and Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home