Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Aug 25, 2005

Rainbow Warrior & MD Scarf












Rainbow Warrior, 1979
3", Acrylic yarn, cotton batting, crocheted


The Rainbow Warrior is an old friend that has traveled with me through the years. I made her when I first heard about Greenpeace environmentalists and their ship Rainbow Warrior. She sits on my mantle right now. I just thought she deserved a showing here.


I finished my Multidirectional Scarf on Tuesday, spent 24 hours agonizing over putting a spiral fringe on it, then decided it just didn't look quite right and that making 20-30 spirals would be tedious right now. I'm already putting a bunch on a shawl I'm making.

Here is the MD Scarf:
Pattern is by Iris Schreier, of course. If you join the Yahoo Group she started (it's called Multidirectional), post an introduction, she will send you the pattern and you can join the KAL. Right now, nearly 60 people have posted their pictures and data.

This is a cotton yarn I got from Lotusblossom on eBay a few months ago. It's hand-dyed with a binder. Wish I could remember more about it, so I could at least know the yardage it took. I used size 9 needles and it knitted up at 4.25 spi.

It looks much nicer in person than in this picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home