Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Sep 8, 2005

Flower Wristbands, LusciousGracious, MacJournal








Flower Wristbands
Wool, hand-dyed,handspun, knitted, needlefelted


I started these a couple of weeks ago. A tad flamboyant, especially the one with the larger flower - it looks like one of those wrist corsages. These are prototypes, I still have some design issues to work out with size and with the closure. I was hoping to figure this out and make a few for the arts fair booth, but time is definitely getting short, so these will be for future tweaking.














Shawl Pins
Wooden hair sticks, wool- hand-dyed, crocheted, wet-felted


Over the weekend, I made these simple felted circles to use for scarf or shawl pins. They could also be used for hair. I'd like to find a shorter wooden stick for the scarf pins, but these will do for now.

Last Saturday, I received my order from the LusciousGracious Studios in Arizona: their notebook filled with nice printouts of the patterns and fiber how-tos on their site, as well as some extra goodies. Their blog chronicles the creative endeavors, primarily knitting and photography and writing, of their entire family and it's the blog I check first thing. There is a joyful and inspirational spirit that comes right through the screen. I found them because dad Steve made a pattern for a felted bag that was the Knitty Surprise a few weeks ago. I'll put a link to their blog on the right

For those of you who are are Macintosh users running OS X, if you've been looking for a good journal/organizer, you might want to check out MacJournal at https://www.marinersoftware.com/. (No connection to the company, I'm just a happy user.) I believe there is a version that is offered as free- or share-ware, but I went ahead and sprung for the latest version in a $25 download. I am very pleased with this software! You can create nested journals, import photos into your entries and even export and publish to a blog, choosing to publish right away or save as a draft to go online and edit. I'm writing this in MacJournal right now. This feature allows me to have a copy of my blog posts. Adding pictures to your blog entry from MacJournal requires extra steps, but if I can manage it....

4 Comments:

At 9/8/05, 12:48 PM, Blogger Luscious Gracious said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Wristbands!!
Best things in the world.
And the shawl pins aren't bad, either. Wish I could have been there for the last day of Wabash Books, and not just for the dollar sale! I think you deserve a big hug as you go into this next phase of your life. Have a good weekend, 'Zann.
kiki

 
At 9/14/05, 10:30 PM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Zann,
Glad I found your site, I love the felted shawl pins and your little Sophia is a keeper!
Deb
http://dudleyspinner.blogspot.com

 
At 9/15/05, 12:05 AM, Blogger 'Zann said...

Deb! I'm glad you found my blog, too. And those shawl pins are made from roving you dyed!
'Zann

 
At 10/7/05, 12:30 AM, Blogger Liz said...

your work is stunning. I am a potter\weaver/dyer\spinner/medieval historian. you speak to all of me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home