Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Aug 25, 2005

Why Lizards in the Leaves??

Some have wondered.
I can't say I know for sure - the phrase just popped out when it was time to give this blog a title. What I do know is that I have been fascinated with knitted leaves for weeks and I've been knitting them and playing with their possibilities in my projects almost daily.

I've also been buying lizard pins on eBay. I found this pin/earring set with a lizard in the leaves right around the time I started this blog.






And (also on eBay) I found these colorful little vinyl lizards, shown here surrounded with some knitted leaves.
The lizard on a knitted leaf up there is one of them, I am probably going to make some pins like that.

So, the phrase just popped out. But it popped out once before, years ago, in a poem I wrote (posted below ) about an amazing Moment I experienced in the last house we lived in back in Miami. So there is something of that feeling in that phrase. After the fact, after naming this blog, I started thinking about just what 'lizards in the leaves' symbolizes for me. Here's notes on the associations that come up for me:
leaves /green / imagination
leaves / green/growing/creativity
lizards / hidden rustlings /ideas
lizards / mysteries
lizards / elfin faces /surprises

So, now you know all I know about 'Why Lizards in the Leaves?"

3 Comments:

At 8/25/05, 12:11 PM, Blogger Louisa said...

Love your lizards in the leaves, 'Zann! Are you planning to share the pattern for your leaf chains? I think they are so neat! And yes, you do need to learn kumihimo. Too bad you don't live near so I can teach you.

 
At 7/30/06, 2:40 PM, Blogger Gigi said...

I love your lizards and your leaves! I adore lizards - they are so cute.

 
At 11/13/11, 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and why not lizards in the leaves?
it's your blog, so you call it whtever your dear heart fancies..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home