Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Jul 11, 2014

Fabric Foraging

I am taking Jude Hill's Spirit Cloth 101 workshop (and getting a great deal out of it), but I don't have a great variety of the sort of cloth pieces I would like to do this type of work with: worn, soft natural fiber.
First, I rummaged through my own clothes that I had set aside for the annual yard sale we have with the rest of the block. Then, I made a foraging run to Goodwill. This was the result:
Photo-2014-07-11-09-34.jpg

Mostly cotton, a couple of linen-rayon blends.
This next is possibly my favorite, originally a skirt. I may dye a few pieces of it.
Photo2-2014-07-11-09-34.jpg
I also like these, a fine gauzy material in two layers, the vertical stripes were on the inside of the garment, the plaid on the outside.
Photo3-2014-07-11-09-34.jpg
This post is an experiment, too. I am trying to see how I can post using my iPad. It would not let me upload pictures through the browser, though I could do text. So I am writing this as a journal entry in my MacJournal app, which has a 'send to blog' feature.
Here goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home