Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Jul 31, 2012

Blindsided







This morning.
Going through a long-neglected bamboo box crammed with little boxes, small jars, odd jewelry, crystals, beads, stones, tiny toys, charms, buttons, dust, old rose petals.

Suddenly  I'm confronted with Patrick's newborn i.d. bracelet.
(Still just "boy" to them, but we called him Patrick from his first breath.)

And baby teeth. Oh. And it's his half-birthday.

Angels of Grief and Loss bend toward my bowed head and whisper that my tears are sacred.
And will never run out.

This day shifts its energy. Something different blooms.


)O(


7 Comments:

At 7/31/12, 11:54 AM, Blogger Reticula said...

{{{{{{}}}}}

 
At 7/31/12, 1:51 PM, Blogger Andrew Craig Williams said...

Oh Zann... thinking of you. Big cwtsh from Wales xxx

 
At 7/31/12, 2:30 PM, Blogger Linda Sue said...

WOW- I just said Hello to Patrick yesterday afternoon while walking the dog- A white and grey feather fell on us. I don[t know that I could bear finding things like that, I know I couldn't- Know that you and Patrick are loved forever and he seems to be happy from what I can tell. I love you!

 
At 7/31/12, 2:36 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Oh, Sweetheart! I cry when I find these things unexpectedly, and my two babies are alive and well. I can't imagine the feelings that must be swirling around you right now.

 
At 7/31/12, 2:44 PM, Anonymous buick audra said...

Love and strength.

 
At 7/31/12, 4:53 PM, Blogger dudleyspinner said...

Even though your heart is breaking at this moment, you know that your life would have been poorer without his short presence and the pain is for the loss, not the gain.

 
At 7/31/12, 6:13 PM, Anonymous annie said...

...may be that this days energy shifts to love that blooms and blooms and blooms forevermore~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home