Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Jul 21, 2012

Small Spirit Weavings

Here are the weavings I've been doing on my Pocket Loom
I have been calling them Spirit Weavings.





These three have twig hangers that I sanded and polished with beeswax wood polish. I didn't strip off the bark, just sanded it to smoothness.

These twigs become part of the weavings.   Each is unique and beautiful.

Working on them gives me a great deal of pleasure. It's a sensory delight with the smoothing of the wood, the scent of the beeswax.. A soul delight, as I feel connection with trees, making things with these bits of them I find on the ground, working them into my art.

The Twig Factory:



 I've been using Beeautiful Beeswax Polish that I ordered from Nova Natural. It smells divine!



The bottom twig is au naturale, the top ones after my ministrations. I think these are tulip poplar twigs. They have a grey bark and  interesting little knobby protrusions and what my granddaughter described as "folds." When  they are finished, they have the loveliest warm brown color.




)O(


8 Comments:

At 7/23/12, 9:56 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

These are really beautiful. I love the twigs.

 
At 7/20/13, 7:29 AM, Blogger Cathie said...

I adore this! So magical. Such a special little cloth. Where would I purchase a pocket loom??

 
At 7/20/13, 11:12 PM, Blogger 'Zann said...

Hi Cathie, I got that loom at Earth Guild in Asheville, but they no longer carry it. The company that made it is still selling them I think. You can find them at:
http://www.goodwoodlooms.com/pocket%20looms.htm

 
At 8/29/16, 8:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your work is beautiful and the name spirit weavings really fits. Do you sell your work? Pat

 
At 8/29/16, 8:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your work is beautiful and the name spirit weavings really fits. Do you sell your work? Pat

 
At 8/31/16, 8:02 AM, Blogger 'Zann said...

Hi Pat - Thank you for your kind words and taking time to comment. I do sell my work here and there, mostly at local art & craft venues. Email me at zanncarter@gmail.com if you'd like to know when I have some pieces available.

 
At 10/27/21, 9:21 AM, Blogger patricia silo said...

Realmente tus trabajos son pura delicadeza que surge del Alma.¡Simplemente bellísimos!!!

 
At 10/27/21, 9:52 AM, Blogger 'Zann said...

¡Muchas gracias por las palabras amables!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home