Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Jan 11, 2012

Improvisational Knitting - Scarf No. 2




 I’ve started another Improv Scarf.

Yarn: Araucania Liwen
Colorway: #5 & #9
Needle size: 13 
CO: 27 stitches 








I am really mixing it up in this one:

two colorways
short rows (varying increments, sometimes I do whole wedges, sometimes just a random short row)
mistake rib
eyelet
random yarnovers
random drops of yarnovers
garter, stockinette, reverse stockinette

It's liberating to give myself permission to knit or purl or yarnover or drop or short row or change colors randomly.  My only constraint on this one is keeping with 27 stitches (on most rows) and maintaining a (more or less) scarfish shape.



)O(

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home