Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Sep 21, 2011

Calypso Shrug

A finished object, of which the knitting has been finished for quite some time. It has been languishing while waiting for weaving-in-ends, steam-iron blocking, and the sewing of buttons, all of which I did in less than an hour this morning. The cry of The Procrastinator rings out - "Sheesh, that was easy-peasy, WHY did I wait so long?"

The pattern is Calypso Shrug from One-Skein Wonders:











I left off the beading called for in the pattern, and it was a very nice take-along knit, just a large rectangle with no shaping and a pattern that was easily memorized.  I used Fleece Artist's Sea Wool and am very happy I have another skein in a different colorway because it was lovely to work with.

And here's a close-up of one of the vintage buttons I used:


Can't wait for some cool fall weather - it will make a nice little warming layer.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home