Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Jun 13, 2011

Today and Jane Thornley Vest Knit Along

I have so many things I'd love to write about, my trip to Boston, the intensive Saori workshop, but it always seems daunting to play catch-up.  So today I'm just going to write about....today.

Today Clover is still doing well, in month four since her diagnosis of bone cancer. The lump on her leg has grown, but her life quality is good. She's eating well and maintaining her normal weight, she loves her outdoor time defending her yard from squirrels and wandering felines, letting the birds know she's still in charge of this little bit of Mother Earth. At her last vet check-up, her heart and lungs were sounding good.  Still taking it a day at a time and today's a good day.

Today, when I finish this, I'll be headed over to my church (First Unitarian Universalist of Terre Haute) to hold open studio weaving for a dozen kids at a week-long art camp. We'll be working on Earthpeace Banner No. 4, my final commitment for the grant  project which bought me my adored Saori loom.

Today, I'm very excited to be working on a vest in free-range knitting, in a knit-along (KAL) guided by the brilliant Jane Thornley. I've had a difficult time finishing free-range knitting projects, but this one is going to be different, I just know it.  I am hoping that doing this project will break the resistance I've had for follow-through, and that I will be able to work on freestyle knitting without the handholding!  It's certainly fun, though, to be part of the group on Ravelry that is participating and see everyone else's color choices and stitch variations.

So here's a picture of my progress so far:


The yarns, clockwise, starting with the green: Araucania Itata, Interlacements Carolina (?), Robin Edmundson cotton/rayon boucle, Elsbeth Lavold Hempathy, Noro Blossom, Araucania Itata.

Great fun so far, and Jane promises that the fun is just beginning with the back panel done!
That's today!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home