Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Apr 13, 2011

Arts Illiana Spring Exhibition




Last Friday, Arts Illiana (a local non-profit for the support of art in our region) opened its Spring Exhibition.  I'm thrilled to have several things there this season.

 
Textile Jewelry (pins & necklaces), Gnome Pots



Breach (2011) Cotton, silk, wool, woven, stitched, felted, 12" X 12"





Angel of Golden Apples and Small Green Dreams (2011) 
Wool, woven, felted, stitched, found pin


Finally, I'm very excited to have the first display of an Earthpeace Banner, the community weaving project I've been doing with the Saori loom for which I received a state grant.  This is Banner No. 2.


 
I really need to create a whole post on the Earthpeace Banner Project (and update that page!). It's been an amazing experience and I have probably had more than 100 people, mostly children, weave on the two banners.  Banner No. 3 will be started this weekend at the Earth Day celebration out at St.-Mary's-of-the-Woods.  I will be presenting Banner No. 1 to the White Violet Center for Eco-Justice and set up the Saori loom for public weaving during the event.

Maybe I'll see you there!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4/13/11, 10:58 AM, Blogger Dawn Carlson said...

Zann,
Love it... thanks for sharing. It's so cool to see the banner hanging there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home