Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Mar 6, 2007

Wildest Blue Thing

I am posting these pictures of my house in response to my friend Maitri's question in the Women's Artistic Soul yahoo group. Maitri asked, "What is the wildest thing you've ever done/made with the color blue?"
Okay, so it's not exactly wild, but it is the wild-est thing I've done with blue!

Here's what I wrote back:
"Paired it with purple accents and painted the trim on my brick house. Weeeeelllllll, *I* didn't do the painting. BUT I labored over the color choices. In the final choices I consulted my neighbor across the street who is an adventurous interior designer-beader-landscaper. I figured she was the one who was going to be looking at it more!

The painters thought my color choices were very unusual. My husband wanted to just re-paint it the original ugly boring gray-and-red, but then just left it up to me. He did not see my colors until the painting job was well underway. His comment, "You didn't tell me Timothy Leary was in on the color consultation."

When one of the painters was painting the door, I was sitting at my spinning wheel just inside. He kept shaking his head, and said, "Tell your husband it'll grow on him. It won't, but tell him it will."

silly, silly menfolk - afeared of a little color!

Actually, I would have liked to do the reverse -- purple with blue trim! Maybe next time..... "

And when I went out to take the pictures, there was Clover, peering out of the hole she made in the mini-blinds years ago. (I know if we replace them, she will probably wreak the same havoc on the new ones.)
This is her guard post spot, from which she sends forth her canine messages to all who pass by, especially other dogs and cats. The window is all smeary with what my friend Rhonda calls "pupkiss."

5 Comments:

At 3/6/07, 6:35 PM, Blogger Kathleen said...

Yep, I like the blue and purple. I'm so glad your Clover has her own window...my Sunny has put "pupkiss" on the passenger side window of my car. I like that term better than "dogsmears", which is what my daughter calls the nose marks.

 
At 3/6/07, 9:40 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Love it! I especially like the advice of the painters. tell him he will grow to like it. My husband likes white walls. I do not. It should be an interesting experience when we do get around to painting.

 
At 3/7/07, 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your colors would not be out of place here in California. Someday I will send you photos of my bright purple hallway with sky blue ceiling! I think your paint choices look great, and conventionality is overrated, anyway.

 
At 3/10/07, 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I think it is marvelous.

 
At 5/9/07, 11:31 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I love the color of your house. A nice change from beige that so many new houses seem to be today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home