Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Mar 30, 2006


I'm trying to understand the new world in which I live.
For one thing, the time zone is Zen. It is always Now.
Bits and pieces of my old world remain and I'm having to decide what to pick up, carry into the new and nurture...and decide what nurtures me. Knitting nurtures me. Spinning as well.

And pictures like this. Sunset at the North Pole with the moon at its closest point. [03.31 NOTE: Just discovered this picture is a digital creation, not real (whatever 'real' is....) see info at Snopes.]

Aurora pictures.





I've almost finished a little wrap in Silk Garden which I plan to give to Patrick's best friend and roommate, Tifani. Patrick's roommates were his family, too, and they are deeply wounded by his death as well.

At first, I wasn't even sure if I felt like knitting.
Saturday, I went downtown and had my daughter-in-law wash and dry my hair. Then I went down the street to RiverWools. RiverWools has been my sanctuary for so long - ever since Patrick's accident in November '04, and all the subsequent difficulties we faced legally, medically, financially, and his struggle with substance abuse. Then I added dealing with my mother's catastrophic decline into dementia last summer. I would leave one or the other situation and find the thought of going home so stressed unbearable. So I'd take my knitting and woe into the shop, where I always found some solace.

Saturday was no exception. Martha's hugs, her listening ears, the comfort of beauty in the new fibers (Colinette Stash Packs!)... I wanted a new project and found a little wrap pattern written by another Indiana knitter - it's bigger than a scarf, smaller than a shawl, and simple, but with enough of a pattern to make me have to concentrate a bit. I did have to rip it about 4 times before I got going properly, but it is the perfect project for right now.

The Silk Garden is 226, a lot of grays/browns with some blue and purple. I keep thinking of it as reflecting the kind of day Patrick liked best - overcast, drizzly. And I keep thinking of it as a hug for Tifani. I hope it will comfort her as the knitting of it is comforting me. I'll have pictures when it's finished.
love to all
'zann

3 Comments:

At 3/30/06, 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you hope and joy on your jouney through now.

 
At 3/30/06, 3:04 PM, Blogger Peacock said...

I suspect it must be hard to think of blogging as "important" in the midst of all that is going on...

But it is *so* good to see each new post you write! A reassurance beacon for those of us who care from so far away that you are managing, still connected. :)

Thank you for sharing the picture of the moon and the borealis. ... The picture of the moon REALLY resonantes with me today.

Hugs!
Your SP7 spoiler
--Peacock

 
At 3/31/06, 8:34 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

It is amasing how much you can care about someone you have never met. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for the pictures. They are amasing! I am glad that you have your wonderful yarn shop in which to find solace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home