Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Dec 26, 2011

Solstice2011 - part 2 Tattoo

As promised, here is Part 2 of the Solstice 2011 Mother/Daughter Adventure.

Back in August, Molly suddenly said we should get Mother/Daughter tattoos. "...a little moon or something. I'd put it by my ear like you were whispering wisdom to me..."

We talked about it again here and there, but didn't make definite plans. Then on Solstice Eve, Molly suddenly said," We should get tattoos tomorrow."

And so we did.

Little blue crescent moons.


'Whispering wisdom' - what a lovely way to reframe "mom nagging."


For me, besides the connection to my daughter and what we share, this is  a nod to the forehead crescent on priestesses in Mists of Avalon, my connection to Goddess, to Things of the Spirit. Also to carry around my own blue moon, to remind me the extraordinary is all about, not just 'once in a blue moon...'

Blessed be.

)O(

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12/26/11, 2:59 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I like the whispering in her ear too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home