Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Nov 29, 2011

Fixed + Finished


Florabelle 2 is finished.

But I've lost 2 other hats. Most peculiar. I'd blame Lily, but  (unless my husband someone is covering for her) she's terrible at hiding evidence of her chewy misdeeds.


 Shelf in kitchen. She seems to get excited about what goes on in the kitchen and just has to sink her teeth into  something. 




 Yes, that's what you think it is. If you're a spinner.

It's one of these
At least she didn't gnaw on the sheave end (I had no idea what that end was called until I looked at that page) where the band has three different grooves in which to sit - which, non-spinners, is to give different turning ratios so the wheel turns the bobbin more times or less times in one go-round.  That won't mean much to you if you are like me and must actually SEE things of a mechanical nature in action, rather than try to visualize from words. Odd that, I'm a very good visualizer in most other ways.

Oops, digression. So, I have a chewed up bobbin that I may still be able to use, but I have a feeling that even if I sand it a bit, there will still be gouged areas that will be catching the fiber.

Now. Where are those hats???


)O(

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11/29/11, 5:08 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

we had chew marks like that at Henry's house in Idlewild. the weird part was, it was after Henry died and nobody was living there and we couldn't find anything living in the house. it made the whole house a bit scary for awhile. Cabral and I discovered it when he was 9 or 10 I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home