Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Oct 7, 2011

Rigid Heddle /Saori Inspiration - A Runner

I took my 12" Ashford Knitter's Loom outside to weave on a lovely autumn day this week.
Working on another piece to take to my Saturday workshop. Thought it would be a scarf, but I like it as a table runner.


 Ingredients: 8/4 cotton carpet warp in purple, Noro Silk Garden Sock and Noro Furin , assorted treasures: bits of recycled sari cloth ribbon yarn, banana silk, cotton cloth strips, snippets of leftover yarn from projects.






2 Comments:

At 10/7/11, 7:20 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Beautiful colors.

 
At 7/23/16, 6:16 PM, Blogger Raine said...

Zann...you definitely can do Saori type weaving on a rigid heddle loom. Lovely work. But a Saori loom would be much quicker, I think.
Keep sharing
Raine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home