Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Apr 7, 2009

No.8 tandy taught me: something important

t

a

n

d

y



tandy taught me: something important


how good it is to say “I love you”
whenever you feel
like it.

I remember
when we were sixteen
meeting for sunrises
over the bay

and cheap breakfasts

before the drag
of the high school
day

and i remember her
leaving
the Tom Thumb diner
one morning

and turning at the door,
how she called out “I love you”--

three
Red Balloons

that floated from her mouth,
over the crowd
and the conversation,
the bacon sizzle,

that floated right to me,
hovered above my head


long white strings
tickling my cheeks

and making me smile.

I remember I didn’t feel
embarrassed
or worry
everyone would think
we were lesbians

I remember I just felt
really

loved.

--Zann Carter 04.08.09

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home