Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Feb 6, 2009

Freeform Retreat Tomorrow

My worktable, looking fairly neat.
I've been working hard there to create materials and interesting things to present at my very first workshop in freeform - scrumbles and scrumble pins and scrumble cuffs. Everything's done and all set up out at the retreat site, the Red Barn at Sycamore Farm, and I'm unwinding this evening.

Here's one of the cuffs I made, from a scrumble I did ages ago in Ty Dy cotton by Knit One, Crochet Two. There's a little bit of knitting (seed stitch) in with the crochet.




I really like the way the closure came out - two different sizes of pink plastic buttons, placed on different ends, so the cuff edges do this graceful curving together, echoed in the bullion half-circle.
This cuff feels very nice, too - soft!

Well, I'm off to have some tea and think about some of the things I'm going to say tomorrow. I hope I can help make it a wonderful retreat day for the 16 women who've signed up. My friend and massage therapist Stephanie (remember when she was my appendix doula??) will be talking about things knitters need to do stay well and mitigate repetitive stress and other health problems crafty people are prone to have. Best of all, she will be giving mini-massage sessions throughout the day.

wish me luck!!
Zann

3 Comments:

At 2/7/09, 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo hoo! I really wanted to come to your retreat, but I couldn't get out of a previously scheduled event. Do let us know when you do it again. And thanks for your pics - at least I can get a little taste!

Judy

 
At 2/7/09, 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your cuff - it looks beautifully form fitting. Your retreat sounds great too!

 
At 2/9/09, 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for such a wonderful retreat. You were able to pack a lot of information into one day without making me feel hurried. I have grabbed a bag of yarn that was leftover from a previous project and I am on the road to a shawl. This was very freeing and relaxing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home