Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Oct 7, 2005

Kujaku Fairy Pots


Well, this is my New Favorite Yarn for my little crocheted pots. It's Noro Kujaku #22, wool with a rainbow polyester binder. I'm not that fond of the other colors of Kujaku, but these colors really make my heart sing. I just had to go back to RiverWools the other day and trade in 2 balls of another color and buy 6 more!

Here are two of the pots I've made with this yarn. I'm calling them Fairy Pots. The first is about 5" high, the second one is a tiny 3".




And look...the lids are interchangeable!
Actually, I made the little pot first and this was the original lid, but I like it better on the big pot, so I made another lid for the little one.









Meanwhile....
I'm very excited to have some of my work on consignment along with Margaret's at RiverWools and really appreciate the friends and strangers (!) who have been so encouraging to me that I became brave enough to start showing my work and offering it for sale.

OOps, granddaughter Sophia is stirring, so I'll have to leave the new shawl I've started to another post!

Be well, all!

3 Comments:

At 10/7/05, 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/12/05, 9:49 AM, Blogger Dudleyspinner said...

Zann,
I put your aurora angel on my blog and linked to your site. If you object I will of course remove it. If you like , and send me the links of where your work is for sale, I would love to add that to the post. You do such creative stuff! Do you have a pattern for sale for the angels? I would buy it if I can make them for resale, or classes.
Deb

 
At 10/12/05, 10:13 AM, Blogger 'Zann said...

Hi Deb - I don't mind links to my site! Right now my plans to sell things online are on hold due to family things. The wool angels are a rather ubiquitous folk craft originating from Germany, I think. They are popular in Waldorf schools and often sold in the school fairs or shops. I've seen the directions for them in numerous books and places online.You can find a good set of directions in The Christmas Craft Book by Thomas Berger. I have made some modifications in construction over the years I've made them,but the basics are the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home