Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Dec 22, 2005

Mug Wisdom,Gifties & Secret Pal 7

"SHE WHO LAUGHS...LASTS"
Thank you, Mary Engelbreit! It is very nice to have my morning tea in substantial mugs that remind me of such important things. Another favorite of mine is "Bloom Where You're Planted."
Thank you to dear old friend-from-Miami (now in North Carolina) Joanne, who sent me these lovely balls of a bamboo yarn in spring colors. I haven't worked with bamboo fiber yet. This is like a heavy silk. I'm thinking little pouches....

And my e-friend Peggy in Arizona sent me an actual snail-mail letter and enclosed a card from Wee Wonderfuls.
What a treat - so thank you, too, Peggy!


My friend Cheri from right here in Terre Haute gave us yummy brownies AND blondies from GreystonBakery. They are, of course, gone, so there is no picture. But they looked just like the picture on the home page, only in an uncut slab! Very homemade-y and incredibly rich. Since Greyston is a socially conscious business, their brownie calories seem to be Guilt-Free, if not fat-free.

On the subject of gifties - I'm thrilled to have discovered that sign-up is in progress for Secret Pal 7.

I have been reading about Secret Pals in other blogs and was wondering how to get in on the fun, so when I found the link I ran right over and signed right up.

1 Comments:

At 12/28/05, 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you like Hilary's card. I love the little knitting needles. We've been having a very nice Christmas too. I've got gold crackers strung over the fireplace with SHINY printed out and taped one letter to a cracker, the whole strung on a garland. We'll open them on New Years.

Boygirlparty has some cute cards too:

www.boygirlparty.com/index2.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home