Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Oct 4, 2013

Happies from The Whoop-de-doo Future


Ends from my last three projects.
I am glad I now rather enjoy the weaving-in process.
It is meditative. No-mind. Rhythmical, if I let it be.
A welcome break from making all the decisions I make in creating my more intricate pieces.

Ends go in the Treasure Bag - for laying-in to Saori weaving. For the future when I learn to use my little drum carder to make batts for art yarn. When I learn to make art yarn.






Here is a selection of yarns for my latest projects. A series of scarves made with at least 5-7 different yarns in each.  I have begun to think of my overall work in wearable art going under the title:

The Whoop-de-doo Future *

* post-Apocalyptic clothes for if the Apocalypse was a good thing

The Lulu scarves I was making last spring are part of this.
My new scarves are the Happies.
I have been very happy making them - and they seem a happy juxtaposition of fat yarn, fat needles, textured yarn, fraying sari silk ribbons, handspun with curly locks peeking out here and there.


Happies No. 3, No. 2 and No. 1


Ingredients for Happy No. 4




2 Comments:

At 10/4/13, 1:04 PM, Blogger jenclair said...

Love these happy scarves! Colorful, cheerful, and, yes, very happy.

 
At 10/4/13, 6:13 PM, Blogger 'Zann said...

Thank you! I hope they will make the wearers happy in wintertime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home